Photograph of @cristinacleveland by Karston Tannis

As a mix between Type 2c waves and Blazon 3a curls, my hair tin range from curly and bouncy to loose and shapeless depending on the products, the techniques, the weather, and the overall health of my pilus. And when my curls go missing, or straighten out, a curly hair hiatus tin last anywhere from a week to months until I can figure out what my hair is trying to tell me. Here are 5 methods that have helped me bring back my curls when they get missing.

1. Practice a Deep Workout Treatment

Wavy, curly and coily hair is more susceptible to dryness, and dryness can cause a whole host of bug from frizz to breakage and in my case, I have found that it contributes to a loss of curl design. To remedy this my first step is always to deep condition. I would exist lost without my Hair Therapy Wrap. I apply deep conditioner to my damp pilus in sections so that it is fully saturated, and so popular the Wrap into the microwave for 48 seconds. Do not microwave it for too long, even if it doesn't feel warm to the touch it is done at 48 seconds, any more and the gel within volition start to melt. Then I identify the Wrap over my hair for thirty-45 minutes. Information technology is the ultimate Sunday treat and will increase the benefits of your favorite deep conditioner for your hair. 1 of my favorites is the Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Assistant Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner .

2. Endeavour a Protein Treatment

Poly peptide-rich products work to temporarily fill the gaps in your hair strand that take been acquired by chemical processing, heat styling or normal weathering. Whenever I dye or highlight my hair, I find that it is more decumbent to frizz and dryness. I very rarely heat style my hair, but when information technology is damaged I find it much more difficult to bring my curls back to life after a rut styling session. If you apply permanent hair dye, bleach, or heat on your hair then information technology is possible that your curls are damaged. One of the all-time weapons in my toolkit for this has been protein-rich products and treatments. One of my favorites is the Aphogee Keratin two Minute Reconstructor, and hither is a full list of 20 protein-rich products if you're interested in trying one out.

3. Diffuse

I used to be able to let my hair air dry out overnight and I would wake up with beautifully formed waves and curls, but lately my waves will simply form into ringlets with the help of a diffuser. If you feel like your pilus has the potential to be curly just you just practise not know how to bring your curls out, I recommend you try diffusing information technology when it is already 50% dry. It may take a few tries to become the hang of it - I know that the first few times I tried diffusing I experienced a frizz halo, but CurlySuzy's tutorial for the Pixie Roll Method changed everything for me. I have tried both the Spilo diffuser attachment and the DevaCurl Devafuser with great success.

four. Scrunch

I could be using the about powerful Holy Grail curl foam ever made, but unless I scrunch that production into my hair information technology is non going to curl. Wavy hair can easily exist weighed down by water when information technology is soaking wet from a shower, or by products with a thick or flossy formula, so it is important to annul this by scrunching your fingers through the pilus with an upward motion. This will also aid clumping and prevent the dreaded crunchy curls look. Make sure when scrunching to exist gentle, you do not want to pull the curls autonomously because this will create frizz.

5. Get a Trim

If you accept tried all of these methods and your hair still volition not whorl, then information technology is fourth dimension for a trim. Not a dusting, non a search and destroy session, but an bodily trim and possibly a reshaping. Protein and conditioning treatments tin do their role to mend impairment temporarily, but a long-term solution is to trim away the damage and then take ameliorate care of the salubrious, new growth. Long pilus tin counterbalance down your waves, so depending on your ringlet blueprint, many wavies notice that when they become a shorter haircut their curl blueprint becomes curlier. I know this has proven truthful for me.

Do you take any tricks that assistance you bring back your curls when they go missing?

You lot can detect my favorite products and lookout my total regimen step by step hither.